Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist statement

In my portfolio I have pictures that I have worked long and hard on, trying to make them look nice but different from everyone else’s. I feel very strong about my pitchers knowing that they are what I have done and not what someone else did. During this semester I have learned a numerous amount of things, things that I use over and over again even out of class. One thing that I have learned is the rule of thirds, I use this method almost every time I take a pitcher, even if it’s a snap shot on my phone. I think that I was most successful with my social issue; I was trying to get a message across to people letting them know what is happening in our society today.

I think the project that I struggled with the most was my alien project because their was a lot of different steps that to fallow and if u didn’t fallow them exactly how they went your pictures wouldn’t come out right. The project took me almost four days to complete and another half a day to make little adjustments on it to make it look how I wanted it to look. Another project that I am struggling on is my quilt squares. I am struggling with this because you’re not just taking pictures you’re coming up with an idea to tell a story behind it all.
There is one thing that I could improve on, and that is my creativeness. I could be a little more creative with my work and make them more abstract. This would allow my pictures to stand out and not be so boring. Then again in this semester I have improved a lot I went from knowing how to just take a snap shot too knowing how to take a professional picture. This class is a good experience for anyone that would like to express themselves in an artistic form. This could also be a gateway to a future career in many businesses

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

DAN. GOOD JOB getting your portfolio together. It looks really nice. I would like to compliment you on your work in this class. You have definitely improved since the beginning of the year. You are honing your skills in expression and composition. I am really excited to watch you progress. Lately everytime you have turned in a project you have surprised me. I look forward to next semester, keep the momentum you have started, and it will be a very good second semester. Oh and don't stress about your quilt squares. It may seem hard at first but I have no doubt you will figure it out.